Help us fight poverty and provide a social safety net to those in need.
Since 1935, Catholic Charities of the East Bay has played a central role in providing social services and advocacy to those most in need in Contra Costa and Alameda counties regardless of their religious faith. As a diverse, multi-service nonprofit human services agency, CCEB depends on a generous donor community. With your support, we are creating hope and changing lives. There are many ways you can help:
|Donate Via Paypal:|
How your Gift Works
In 2012, Catholic Charities assisted 482 families with housing assistance, eviction prevention and financial assistance. We helped 678 low -income families with filing their taxes.
- Homelessness prevention services: 1,173 families in crisis received housing counseling, rental assistance, eviction prevention, and financial assistance.
- Voluntary Income Tax Assistance: Helped 507 low-income families file their taxes and receive over $780,000 in income tax refunds.
- Food Stamps outreach helped 351 families receive food stamps.
- Reached out to 40 seniors through the Monument Corridor Senior Program.
- Parish based volunteer teams served 11 families holistically to help them meet their needs for jobs, transportation and social support.
- 175 people received training through Project ACCESS, providing Early Childhood Education job-training services and the Bilingual Medical Training Program. 100 additional clients learned English as a Second Language.
- Family Literacy Program helped more than 150 parents & children in North Richmond improve their parenting skills.
- Refugee Resettlement & Employment services helped over 500 refugees resettle in America
- Immigration Legal Services helped 340 immigrants on the path to citizenship.
- The Multicultural Seniors Services Network provided social support to more than 1,450 immigrant and refugee seniors.
VIOLENCE PREVENTION & YOUTH
- Intensive Crisis Counseling: working as part of the Measure Y collaborative to 436 people impacted by violent crime.
- Office and Parish Counseling provided individual and group counseling to 146 clients focused on increasing emotional resilience.
- School Counseling served 148 families in 17 Diocesan schools.
- Worked to derail the school to jail pipeline for over 700 youth through Restorative Justice practices, and trained 40 adults in these practices
- In the Path 1 program, worked intensively with 6 families on parent education and family support to keep children in the homes.
Additionally, we provided information & referral services to 16,548 people in need
Information & Referral includes extensive referrals to resources outside of CCEB, including over 80 partners, and information on additional services and opportunities for support.
Catholic Charities of the East Bay does not sell or exchange donor information with other organizations or disclose privileged information regarding donors or gifts to unauthorized parties. If a donor wishes to remain anonymous or wishes to have their gift restricted to a specific purpose or program, this is duly recorded and honored.